Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Bacon, Egg and Avocado "Pizza"


This recipe is super easy and way healthier than a regular bacon, egg and cheese sandwich or breakfast pizza. Once I had all the ingredients out, it took be about five minutes to make and assemble it. It's perfect for those mornings when you hit "snooze" on your alarm five times and don't have time for something "gourmet."


I start making this "pizza" by toasting a whole wheat tortilla in a pan. After it's was nice and brown on both sides, I leave it in the pan to keep it warm and turn off the heat. Next, I cook both the eggs for about two minutes on each side (I like the yolks runny). If you like a more well-done egg, cook them a bit longer. While the eggs cook, I put two slices of turkey bacon in the microwave for about 45 seconds. I mix together 1 Tbs of Sabra guacamole -- you can use plain avocado if that's all you have -- and 1 Tbs of Alouette light garlic and herb cheese. When that's mixed together, I spread it on the tortilla, added the bacon, and put the two eggs on top.

That's all there is to it! Like I said, super quick and easy, and it only has about 310 calories in the whole "pizza." The possibilities are endless with this breakfast. You could add veggies, turkey sausage, or anything your heart desires!

My favorite part about this breakfast is cutting it into four slices and watching the yolk ooze out everywhere.



Yummm, I may have to go make another one right now!
-- Kristen

Bacon, Egg, Avocado "Pizza"

Recipe
2 Large Eggs
1 Whole Wheat Tortilla (I used Ole Extreme Wellness)
1 Tbs Sabra Classic Guacamole (Could substitute 1/4 of an avocado)
1 Tbs Allouette Light Garlic and Herb Soft Spreadable Cheese
2 Slices Butterball Thin and Crispy Everyday Turkey Bacon

Directions:
1. Heat tortilla on pan or griddle until it gets brown on both sides.
2. Cook 2 eggs over easy (or however you prefer)
3. Mix together 1 tablespoon of guacamole and 1 tablespoon of allouette cheese.
4. Put 2 slices of turkey bacon in microwave for 45 seconds.
5. Spread avocado mixture on tortilla. Place turkey bacon and eggs on top.

Calories: 1 "Pizza" 311

No comments:

Post a Comment