Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Coconut Snowballs




So yesterday I may have said how much I loathe the snow. Well, I take it back, because even though we had about eight inches dumped on us, I had a snow day! So instead of going to work, naturally I had to make "snowballs."


The best part about these are you don't even have to go outside in the freezing cold to enjoy them. And unlike real snowballs, I wouldn't be mad at all if someone threw a bunch of these at my head. Just aim for my mouth, please.

But honestly, how adorable are these.


I modified this recipe from one I saw on Instagram. Thanks to FitFoodFocused for the inspiration!

-- Cara

Recipe:
2 Cups Shredded, unsweetened coconut
2 Tbs Coconut oil
2.5 Tbs Pure maple syrup
2 Tbs Unsweetened coconut milk
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2  tsp ground cinnamon
1/8 tsp sea salt

Directions
1. Add 1 cup of shredded coconut and coconut oil to food processor. Blend on high speed, occasionally scraping down the sides, until it is smooth.
2. Add maple syrup, coconut milk, vanilla, cinnamon and salt until fully combined.
3. Add 1/2 cup of shredded coconut, pulse until well blended.
4. Shape into 1-inch balls, it should make about 12. Coat them in the remaining 1/2 cup of coconut.
5. Refrigerate for at least one hour to set.

Nutrition 1 ball - 84 calories
Carbs: 13g Fat: 7g Protein: 0 g



No comments:

Post a Comment