Sunday, February 9, 2014

Smoked Salmon Breakfast Wrap




I love oatmeal. If you ask any of my co-workers they will confirm this obsession due to the fact that they have to watch me eat it every single morning. However, when I woke up one morning to the wonderful text telling me I had a two-hour delay, I decided to push my red velvet oatmeal (recipe to come later!) to the side and make something equally delicious.

If you read the About Us section of this blog, you know that I love sushi. I could eat it every day and never get sick of it. Unfortunately, sushi can be expensive and a pain to make at home, so when I have a craving, I go to the next best thing: smoked salmon. Smoked salmon can be used a ton of different ways, so don't be surprised if you see a few recipes containing this ingredient.

Considering I had so much extra time that morning, I decided to make this delicious smoked salmon wrap. It's very easy to make, packed with flavor, and will keep you full until lunch! Most breakfast wraps or breakfast burritos have between 500 and 600 calories. Good news -- this one has only 377 calories!



That means I can have two, right?

-- Kristen

Ingredients: 

2 large eggs
1 Whole Wheat wrap (I used Ole Extreme Wellness High Fiber Low Carb Tortilla)
1 Laughing Cow Garlic and Herb Cheese Wedge
1/4 Avocado
1 oz. Smoked Atlantic Salmon

Directions:

1. Heat pan on medium, and coat with non-stick spray such as Pam.

2. While pan is heating, crack and scramble two eggs. Add to pan.

3. When eggs are done cooking, and scrambled to your liking, spread Laughing Cow Garlic and Herb Cheese wedge onto the tortilla.

4. Spread avocado on top of the cheese, top with smoked salmon.

5. Add the scrambled eggs to the wrap.

6. Fold in half and place the wrap in a panini press.*


*If you don't have a panini press, you can toast the wrap in the pan, or eat it as is.


Nutrition: 1 wrap = 377







No comments:

Post a Comment