Thursday, February 6, 2014

Banana Boat Breakfast Bowl



When I was little, one of my favorite things EVER were baked banana boats. If you've never had a baked banana boat, I apologize for your childhood.

We'd make them when we went camping by slitting a banana longways and stuffing it with chocolate chips, marshmallows and graham crackers, and then wrapping it up in aluminum foil and baking it over the fire. They're the first and last thing I ever enjoyed about camping.


When a banana boat craving kicked in at home, we threw a batch in the oven. What came out of the foil was always magical -- imagine if a banana split and a s'mores had a beautiful and delicious love child. I just can't help feel bad for anyone who has never experienced the chocolate-y, banana-y, marshmallow-y goodness.

They were GOOD. But good for you? Not so much. Womp.

So, I decided to recreate a healthy version! I get that all the same goodness without having to worry that a bear is about to come eat me in my sleep. Win!

If you don't have I Want S'more peanut butter from Peanut Principle (which I highly recommend because it's AMAZING), you can always substitute it by mixing together a crushed graham cracker square, 1 1/2 tsp Nutella and 1 tsp fluff.

-- Cara

Recipe:

1 cup plain, unsweetened greek yogurt
1 tbs stevia
1 sliced banana
1tbs I Want S'more peanut butter

Directions
Put it all in a bowl. Consume. Fall in love.

Nutrition -- 325 calories
Carbs: 42g Fat: 8g Protein: 25g


No comments:

Post a Comment