Thursday, February 6, 2014

Healthy Cream Cheese Frosting



I cannot keep this stuff in the house. I'm serious. When I make it I need to use it immediately and give any extras away. It could be to friends, family, a random stranger on the street -- just get it away from me. Because I will eat an entire tub of it and feel no remorse. It's that addictive.

The only thing that can (almost) justify eating this by the spoonful is that it's way better for you than regular frosting. Duncan Hines cream cheese frosting has 140 calories for 2 Tbs. The same dollop of this recipe is only 83. . . That means you could have twice the nice for the same amount of calories! Can't beat that. Oh, and the fact that one serving of this has seven carbs. From a can? 23! Yikes.

This recipe makes the frosting just sweet enough. I used to like cream cheese frosting so sweet it'd make my teeth ache, but then you lose the tartness that makes the frosting so good.

I've used this recipe on everything cupcakes to cookies to pancakes -- it's especially good with red velvet (obviously!) and pumpkin.

Basically, I'll find an excuse to put this stuff on anything. The problem is that it's so easy to throw together that if I had absolutely no will power, I would!

-- Cara

Recipe:
8 oz 1/3 fat Philadelphia Cream Cheese
3 Tbs powdered sugar
2 Tbs stevia
1 tsp vanilla extract

Directions
Mix together all four ingredients by hand or with an electric mixer until everything is incorporated.

Makes 8 servings

Nutrition
1 serving: 2 Tbs 83 calories
Carbs: 7 Fat: 6 Protein: 2

No comments:

Post a Comment